Your small business could get funding to come up with an innovative solution to a government challenge, with access to early-stage development, testing and validation of a prototype, and a pathway to commercialization.
The Government of Canada is looking for innovators to solve challenges. As the single largest purchaser of Canadian goods and services, the Government of Canada has a unique opportunity to support the growth of Canadian innovators and entrepreneurs.
Solution proposals can only be submitted by a small business that meets all of the following criteria:
- for profit incorporated in Canada (federally or provincially)
- 499 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employeesFootnote*
- research and development activities that take place in Canada
- 50% or more of its annual wages, salaries and fees are currently paid to employees and contractors who spend the majority of their time working in CanadaFootnote*
- 50% or more of its FTE employees have Canada as their ordinary place of workFootnote*
- 50% or more of its senior executives (Vice President and above) have Canada as their principal residence