Get financial incentives to help offset the costs of hiring and training youth (15 to 29 years old), along with job coaches who can provide ongoing support to you and your employee.
As an employer, you benefit from hiring a young person.
You could get:
- an employee who is ready to work and has completed workshops to help prepare them for the workplace
- job coaches who provide ongoing support to you and your employee
- financial incentives to help with costs of hiring and training youth through the:
- Youth Job Connection program (15 to 29 years old)
- Youth Job Connection Summer program (15 to 18 years old)
- financial incentives to provide on-the-job training for participants in job placements through the Employment Service program
- a placement incentive to hire, register, and train an apprentice through the Apprenticeship Employer Signing Bonus
- additional financial help to offset training costs
To hire a young person, you must:
- prove you are licensed to operate in Ontario
- comply with workplace, human rights and labour legislation
- have workplace safety and liability insurance
- offer job opportunities taking place in Ontario