If you’re an artist, or part of an artistic group, collective, organization or visual art publisher, you could get up to $100,000 to cover the full creative cycle, from initial idea to presentation.
Grants provide support for artistic research, creation, project development, remounts, production, post-production and presentation.
This component awards:
- project grants for single activities
- composite grants that encompass several activities during the same time period.
You may be eligible for Application Assistance to pay someone to help you with the application process if you are having trouble and self-identify as: to pay someone to help you with the application process if you are experiencing difficulty and self-identify as:
- an artist who is Deaf, hard of hearing, has a disability or is living with a mental illness
- a First Nations, Inuit or Métis artist facing language, geographic and/or cultural barriers.
Who can apply
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- artistic groups and collectives
- artistic organizations
- visual arts publishers
To be eligible for a composite grant, you must have received at least 2 Canada Council project grants in the last 5 years. This excludes grants from the following components and programs: Professional Development, Small-Scale Activities, Travel, Representation and Promotion, Digital Strategy Fund, Leadership for Change: Grants to Organizational Development, Flying Squad, and Visiting Foreign Artists.