If you’re an artistic group, organization or collective, you could get up to $50,000 towards activities like implementing new technologies, publishing a critical magazine, or creating opportunities for networking, collaborating or organizing conferences.
Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- Arts professionals and cultural connectors
- First Nations, Inuit or Métis arts/cultural professionals
- Artistic groups and collectives
- First Nations, Inuit or Métis groups or collectives
- Architectural groups and collectives
- Artistic organizations
- First Nations, Inuit or Métis organizations
- National arts service organizations
- Support groups, organizations and shared platforms
- Festivals, presenters and touring networks
- Book and magazine publishers
- Agencies and management service organizations
To be eligible for a composite grant, you must have received at least 1 composite or 2 project grants from the Canada Council in the last 5 years. This excludes grants from the following components and programs: Professional Development, Small-Scale Activities, Travel, Representation and Promotion, Translation, Digital Strategy Fund, Creation Accelerator, Frankfurt initiatives, Digital Originals, Digital Now, Digital Generator and the COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund. (Only Agents and Managers can include the Representation and Promotion component in their calculations of 2 grants in 5 years).
Organizations presently receiving core grants can submit applications for project grants that fall outside of the type or scope of activities usually undertaken by the organization. You are responsible for demonstrating how this project is outside of your regular activities and responds to the intended objectives of the component. Organizations presently receiving core grants are not eligible for composite grants.