If you’re a junior mining company in Ontario, you could get a contribution to cover some eligible costs for a project that helps boost mineral exploration, growth and job creation in the province, particularly in northern and Indigenous communities.
The Ontario Junior Exploration Program (OJEP) helps junior mining companies finance early exploration projects. These projects help boost mineral exploration, growth and job creation in the province, particularly in northern and Indigenous communities.
Eligible junior mining companies can receive:
- up to $200,000 per project to cover 50% of eligible costs
- up to $10,000 to cover 100% of eligible costs per project supporting Indigenous employment and business opportunities
To be eligible for funding, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- be a non-producing junior mining company registered to do business in Ontario
- have a market capitalization of up to $100 million, or a comparable value if you are privately owned
- provide proof that the organization applying has the funds to cover 100% of project costs on the day the application is submitted
- provide a copy of a valid certificate of insurance for general commercial liability coverage at a limit no less than $2 million per occurrence
- be enrolled in the Mining Lands Administration System and able to hold mining claims in Ontario
- have an exploration plan and/or permit valid at the time of application and for the duration of the project (where required)
- have the approval of the tenure holder to conduct the proposed project in the event of an option agreement or co-tenure holder relationship (where required)
- submit an application that meets the definition of grassroots exploration
Not currently accepting clients