Get a contribution to cover a portion of eligible expenses for a collaborative project. Activities should address a business innovation components (R&D to improve connectivity, access to innovation, enabling partnerships and providing training for SMEs, women, Indigenous peoples and other underrepresented groups).
The program aims to:
- support innovation to generate knowledge and its transfer between academic and non-academic sectors
- strengthen the innovation capabilities of partner organizations
- support the creation and ownership of intellectual property in Canada
- promote collaboration between sectors by reducing the risk for companies to engage in innovation
- provide work-integrated learning and professional skills training to increase employability of post-secondary students
- ensure and promote equitable access by underrepresented groups to foster inclusive innovation
Innovation projects are expected to lead to change and improvements for the partner and/or community, through exploration, design, and implementation of improvements/efficiencies in business models, products, processes, or service delivery.