Get a grant covering up to 50% of your total revenues, if your organization facilitates interactions among artists and connections with the public.
The Artistic Catalysts component of Engage and Sustain funds Canadian arts organizations that play a pivotal role in nurturing artistic practices and respond to the evolution of creative communities across Canada. Grants support the activities of organizations that facilitate interactions among artists and connections with the public.
Types of potential applicants to this component:
Your eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal. To be eligible, your organization must play a role in advancing artistic practice and the cultural development of your local or regional community. You must offer at least 1 public presentation, exhibition, production or program in your region annually, and meet the following basic administrative, programming and financial criteria:
- presently receive core support from this component.
If your organization is presently receiving core support from another component, you must contact your Program Officer to confirm your eligibility before you apply.
- have received 1 composite grant or 2 Canada Council project grants in the last 5 years. This excludes grants from the following components and programs: Travel, Representation and Promotion, Translation, Literary Publishing Projects, Small-Scale Activities, Digital Strategy Fund, Leadership for Change: Grants for Organizational Development, Flying Squad and Visiting Foreign Artists.
- be an incorporated not-for-profit arts organization
- work with a professional staff
- have at least 5 years of continuous professional programming that is accessible to the public
- have had total revenues exceeding $75 000 in each of the last 3 years (some exceptions may be considered)
- if it is your first time applying to this program you must also have had a conversation with a Program Officer to confirm your eligibility
Give your application the best chance at approval. AKR Consulting has an 99% approval rating across all<u> Canadian funding programs.</u>