Tap into talent coming out of Ontario’s publicly-funded post-secondary institutions to strengthen your capacity to develop new products, services, and processes, while interns receive hands-on industry experience and mentorship opportunities in areas related to automotive and smart mobility technologies.
The TalentEdge Internship Program (TIP) of Ontario’s Vehicle Innovation Network (OVIN) provides support for current college and university students, recent graduates and Master’s graduates, to work on industry-driven research and development projects related to automotive and smart mobility technology such as Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (C/AV) technologies, Electric Vehicles (EV), battery technologies, metallurgical (metal & mining) technologies, and other related areas. Companies can tap into world-class talent coming out of Ontario’s publicly-funded post-secondary institutions and strengthen their capacity to develop new products, services and processes, while interns receive hands-on industry experience in areas such as software and hardware development, artificial intelligence, and data analytics.
Best Suited For
- Final-year undergraduate student; Master’s or PhD student; or within three years of graduation from an undergraduate or Master’s program from an accredited college or university
- Institution-based Internship:
- Applicant: principal investigator at an accredited, publicly-funded Ontario university
- Industry partner: for-profit company with operations in Ontario
- Company-based Internship:
- Applicant: for-profit company with operations in Ontario
- Project-based, with clearly defined R&D activities, milestones, and outcomes to be completed within the Internship duration