Get a wage subsidy of up to $7,000/student to cover up to 70% of your costs when you hire post-secondary students on work placements in your business or not-for-profit organization.
Not currently accepting applications
Employers must be a registered Canadian business or not-for-profit organization, may be located anywhere in Canada, and may operate in any industry sector. Remote work is allowed. Exclusions:
- Federal, provincial, territorial or municipal governments. Organizations which are extensions of a federal, provincial, territorial or municipal government, such as crown corporations, hospitals, public long-term care facilities, and post-secondary institutions are not eligible.
- Members of the House of Commons and the Senate.
- Organizations that engage in partisan political activities.
- Major financial sector employers (see FAQs for more information).
- Please note that this list of exclusions may not be exhaustive. The OCC reserves the right to amend eligibility criteria at our discretion.
Students hired on WIL placements must be registered at a recognized Canadian college or university, be enrolled in a program or course where a work placement is part of their study plan, and be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.