Get up to $35,000 to cover up to 50% of the eligible costs of hiring a recent graduate for a year-long full-time position.
Eligible Youth Internship Criteria
Young people being considered for a youth internship must:
- be unemployed or underemployed youth (persons aged 30 and under);
- have graduated within the last three years with a degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- have not previously participated as a youth intern in FedNor’s Northern Ontario Development Program or in any other federal or provincial internship program with pay for a period of six months or more; and
- not be related to the directors, officers or managers of the organization.
Participation of youth from employment equity groups is encouraged (Aboriginal, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women).
- Not-for-profit organizations in Northern Ontario, such as community economic development, Aboriginal and Francophone organizations, industry and business associations, networks, or alliances.
- Municipalities; municipal organizations; and First Nations in Northern Ontario.
- Businesses in Northern Ontario: including an individual operating a business, partnerships, social enterprises, incorporated companies, corporations or co-operatives, or an Indigenous organization such as Indigenous/First Nation/Métis Settlement owned businesses, and all other types of enterprises.
To be considered eligible, project benefits must accrue to Northern Ontario and the organization and the employee must both be located in Northern Ontario.