If your business is working on a project to transition to a green economy, foster an inclusive recovery, become more competitive and create jobs for Canadians, you could get an interest-free, repayable contribution covering up to 50% of the eligible costs.
Not currently accepting applications
Who can apply?
- Incorporated Businesses, primarily Small and medium size enterprises (SMEs);
- Not-for-profit organizations and community economic development partners;
- Indigenous organizations such as Indigenous-led not-for-profits and organizations.
To be considered eligible, project benefits must accrue to Northern Ontario.
All eligible applicants must be legal entities capable of entering into legally binding agreements.
The objective of the fund will be to provide support to projects that:
- pursue opportunities to create jobs;
- support inclusive and clean growth; and
- lift up struggling businesses and communities by investing in job creators and those in the ecosystem that support them.
What are the priorities?
Priorities will be given to projects:
- transition to a green economy;
- foster an inclusive recovery;
- enhance Canada’s competitiveness and future proof SMEs through digital adoption to improve productivity and automate manufacturing processes; and
- support and reshore critical sectors and protect Canadian capacity.
Should your project not fall within one of the priorities outlined above, it may still be considered for funding.
Other priorities include:
- Priority may be given to projects that encourage the participation of under-represented groups (e.g. women, Indigenous peoples and Official Language Minority Communities)