Get financial assistance to help cover the cost of hiring a post-secondary graduate (15 to 30 years old) for 6 to 12 months to work on projects with R&D, engineering, multimedia or market analysis components or the development of a new product or process.
To be eligible for financial assistance through our youth employment program, your business must be:
- a small or medium-sized business (500 or fewer full-time equivalents)
- incorporated and for-profit
- ready to enhance your innovation capacity and willing to partner with NRC IRAP
Who can I hire under this program?
The youth internship will last a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months. The candidate must work a minimum of 30 hours per week. The candidate must also be:
- 15 to 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- a post-secondary graduate
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or person granted refugee status in Canada
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- a first-time participant in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy work experience program targeted at post-secondary graduates