Get a wage subsidy to cover up to 70% of the costs of a work-integrated learning placement, to a maximum of $7,000 per placement, when you hire an eligible post-secondary student.
The program provides employers with wage subsidies to hire post-secondary students for paid work experiences. Students in turn benefit with quality work experience so they can secure employment in their chosen fields of study.
A Registered, Canadian business or not-for-profit;
- Willing to provide a quality work-integrated learning experience to a Post Secondary student;
- Committed to paying the student for the role, and have the financial capacity to pay the student for the duration of the placement in full (the wage subsidy will be administered after receiving all supporting documentation, at the end of the placement);
- Compliant with all federal and provincial human rights and labour legislation, regulations, and any other relevant standards including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Employment Standards Act;
- Where legally required, responsible for Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) or alternate workplace insurance coverage;
Ineligible Employers include (but are not limited to):
- Federal, Provincial, Territorial and Municipal Government
- Hospitals and public long-term care facilities
- Crown Corporations
- Post-Secondary Institutions (PSIs)
- Financial institutions
- Non-secular institutions*
- Please note that this list may not be comprehensive, placement eligibility is determined through the application process.