If you’re a Canadian publisher supporting Canadian authors, you could get up to $250,000/year if you publish Canadian books, $120,000/year for Canadian magazines, or up to $300,000/year if you publish both.
Types of potential applicants to this component:
- Canadian literary book and creative writing magazine publishers
- presently receive core (operating) support from this component
If your organization is presently receiving core support from another component, you must contact your Program Officer to confirm your eligibility before you apply.
- have received at least 2 Canada Council publishing project grants from the following programs in the last 3 years:
Supporting Artistic Practice: Literary Publishing Projects
Capacity Building Initiative Program: Project Grants
Cultivate: Sector Development Project Grant
Grants to Literary and Arts Magazines
Support to Book Publishing: Block Grants
Support to Book Publishing: Emerging Publisher Grants
- have had total revenues exceeding $30 000 in each of the last 3 years (some exceptions may be considered)
- book publishers: have published at least 16 eligible literary titles, publish at least 4 eligible literary titles annually and operate on an ongoing basis. Please familiarize yourself with the definition of eligible literary titles
- magazine publishers: have published at least 2 issues of the magazine in the year preceding this application
Your application will not be eligible if your organization (as of the application deadline):
- does not pay fees or royalties according to standards of the arts practice
- has not fulfilled all contractual obligations related to copyright payments.